Autism Community Connection for Illinois families
Autism Community Connection is the largest Illinois autism Yahoo group for families and professionals. Find support and advice from lots of experienced parents at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/autismcc/.
Dawn Villarreal, moderator of Autism Community Connection, has embarked upon the ambitious project of creating a national disability resource encompassing local services, events and online resources across the lifespan. Learn more below.
Savvy parents know the first place to look for disability resources is at One Place for Special Needs
- Search for therapists, social workers and other local resources in your area.
- Find the latest workshops and special needs events.
- Find a friend for your child based on his/her interests.
- Check out disability-related products.
- Set up your own personalized email alerts and new resources come right to your inbox!
- Search through thousands of disability resources to help your child across the lifespan. View resources on assistive technology, bullying, driving, homework, hygiene skills, life skills, parenting, safety, social skills, social stories, teacher resources, toilet training, visual supports and more.
- Create your own free social community for your disability group.
- Use our bookmark feature to keep track of all your favorite resources.
- We are an excellent resource for families, educators and therapists.
- Come see what everyone is talking about by registering today.
Therapists and other professionals working with individuals with disabilities: Please add your information in our local resource and event directories so families can find you. In addition to being in our directories, an email with your info will be sent to individuals using our email alert service. It's a great way to spread the word about your programs and services in the disability community. Find us at http://www.oneplaceforspecialneeds.com (WH)